As with many grill companies, Aussie Grills were born from a metal fabrication shop that started operation in 1959. Metal Engineering Corporation (MECO), the shop in question, began making charcoal and electric grills in 1999. With their headquarters in Greeneville, Tenn., they’ve quickly become known in the market for their level of expertise in water smoker grills, as well as electric and charcoal grills.
Everyone has different needs, and grill makers try to define their niche, so keep these things in mind when you being shopping for a grill:
* Where will you be using the grill?
* What type of fuel do I feel inclined to use?
* How big or small should it be?
* Do I want it to fit in with existing dcor or try a new style?
* How much money do I have to spend?
* Do I just need a grill, or a grill with bells and whistles?
* Try to find a grill that lasts 10 years instead of 3 years
* Don’t focus on BTU’s, make sure everything makes sense as a complete unit.